One of my friends and I said we’d get together for a walk today. Of course, when we finally both have time for that, Northern California decided to finally get some rain (we’ve been drought-status for a while now, and even though the sun is pretty and all, we need some rain over here). So that’s good, but we decided to shift our walk to the mall instead.
*LEAVES WALLET AT HOME AGAIN SO I DONT BUY SHIT I DONT NEED*
I don’t want to buy new clothes when I’m rapidly losing weight and inches! I’d rather wait till I’m where I want to be and go celebrate with some new-sized stuff :)
Good thing: I’m not worried about buying any food today. I don’t want anything that isn’t in today’s planned intake, and I’m glad I didn’t wake up with any cravings for once.
- T25 had me DROWNING in sweat earlier. It was [suckbag] Total Body Circuit again; I do it 3 times this week :( But the sweat felt good; I actually enjoyed it. I really like this program, to be honest. I kinda sorta even love it.
- I’ve been lugging my gallon of water everywhere, which feels part ridiculous and part awesome.
- My brother made me lunch today, how cute is that? He made chicken breast with some veggies and I paired it with a little ghost pepper salsa to give it a kick. It was precious.
A family friend came to visit, and she did the sweetest thing. She knows that the men in my family all have matching silver rings on them, so she brought a gold coin with an angel on it for my mom and I since she knows we’re both struggling with my brother being deployed overseas. She told us that she also gave one to my brother before he was sent out, and that he has it with him in Afghanistan now. My angel is named “Siren,” not sure why haha but I love my coin and the thought put behind it. I’ll be keeping it close.
I’m having to remind myself multiple times a day that this weight loss thing is a long journey. Tomorrow it will be 1 month of REALLY buckling down for me. 1 month since I first popped in T25 so that means 1 month of working out 5 days a week without fail. And while that’s awesome and I’m definitely happy about it, it also means that there are still more months to go till I’m where I want to be and till my goals are accomplished.
So in conclusion, I need to chill the F out when I get all flustered about the fact that I’m not there yet, and just keep repeating to myself: It’s a long process. You’re already doing so great. Keep it up and it’ll happen for you. You’ll look back on this and laugh about the time when you were unfit and couldn’t even get through the warmups of the workouts and when walking up a flight of stairs was tough. Good job!
It might take me longer than I wanted it to, I might have faltered along the way, I might have some bad days here and there, but
I WILL NEVER QUIT.
First of all, can I just say that baths are kind of weird? I mean, is that just me?
I got in and was like, Alright, I’m in. And I’m naked. Just layin’ here totally naked…just laying. Good times.
I realized pretty quickly that I didn’t have a book or anything, so I just laid there. Naked. And thought about life and stuff. All naked.
It was like in the Friends episode where Rachel walks around her apartment naked for the first time. But, uh, with water? I don’t know what I’m talking about I just don’t take baths very often, CLEARLY, alright?!
So anyway, at first I didn’t really get what the big deal was. I mean, it felt good, sure. But then when I got out I realized how relaxed and loose my body felt, and I’m pretty sure once I take another later in the week I’m going to be addicted pretty quickly to these things.
Oh I also did T25 right beforehand. Instead of doing Ab Intervals, though, I switched it out for Speed 1.0. I’ve never done that before and want to stick to the program as closely as possible, but I get a better workout from Speed 1.0 and since it’s the last week of Alpha I wanted to get as much out of it as possible. I don’t know if I’m just doing moves wrong with Ab Intervals but I wanted to amp it up a little, hence the Speed 1.0 video.
That bath made me really relaxed. I don’t WANNA go to work now!
I do have an actual valentine, and his name is James. But I work until 8:30, so I won’t see him until later; and so, Shaun T became my day date.
Today was Speed 1.0 and Ab Intervals. I know I’ve said it a million times, but I love Speed 1.0 long time—but Ab Intervals, meh not so much. I feel like I don’t have good form for some of the moves and I just don’t care for the workout as much, but whatever. I did it. I started with that one, then moved onto Speed 1.0, and I think that was a good order to do them in.
I have tomorrow and Sunday off from the videos, and I just realized this—
Week four is done.
I’m about to start week five.
That means the first half of the program will be done.
That means that for one month, I’ve worked out 5 days a week and eaten mostly clean. I also haven’t binged.
It’ll be very surreal to get through the first half. The time is just flying. I will be so excited to be finished, though; so happy with myself for completing the entire thing.
I have a close friend who is also doing T25 and we plan on getting the NAILED IT! shirts and taking pictures in them for a dorky little photoshoot =]
I need to sit down this weekend, though, and map out a plan for my nutrition, water intake, and extra exercise. I was supposed to do that last week and didn’t. I also don’t feel like I gave the exercises 100% this week and I feel a difference. On Monday I will focus completely and start a whole new level; this program really motivates me to step things up and I love that!
This week is super busy for me, so I’m trying to maintain the regular updates but I’m pressed for time so stick with me, people! I just want you newbies to think I’m cool!
- Today is James’ birthday, so I did T25 this morning, then went home to decorate our apartment with adorable signs [if I may say so myself] to wish him a happy birthday when he got home from work. Then I went straight to work, and came home to see James, his mom, and sister after they got home from a family birthday dinner.
- Tomorrow James and I are headed to the treehouse for our sleepover there! I will be taking a shitload of pictures of this place so be prepared for that. I am so excited.
- He took Thursday off so we’re going to be headed to San Francisco [or somewhere around there, we’re not sure where yet] to do some fun random stuff to celebrate our anniversary and Valentine’s Day early.
- On Friday I work all effing day and then James and I are going to have a candlelit dinner at the loft as a mini-celebration since we’re getting the big one out of the way.
- On Saturday we’re going out to get dinner and drinks with a big group for his birthday. I won’t be drinking anything, since I’m gonna drive the drunk birthday boy home, but I’m happy about that because I don’t want the extra calories from alcohol and won’t feel like I’m missing out. Hopefully. I’ll also be careful at dinner with what I eat because I’m a broke ho and don’t want to go crazy with money.
So yeah. Busy busy. But I’ve planned out things so that I don’t miss even a day of T25 [again, who am I, though] and so my eating stays primarily on track. I will still treat myself in moderation but that’s it—no binges and no major deviations.
I’m done with making excuses.
And a virtual, non-creepy hug to everyone who commented and messaged last night. You guys stopped me from doing something that I would have regretted, so thank you so much.
After a lot of tears and a big talk with James, I ended up having a veggie burger on a wheat bun with tomatoes and cucumbers for dinner—and two cups of water with lemon :) WAY happier I made that decision than going with what I wanted to do.
I did my double workout today, since it is Friday and therefore double day of death. I did Ab Intervals and Total Body Circuit and am in pain but happy to be done with week three of T25!
To those who messaged me about starting on Monday, good luck! I think you’ll love it :)
Thanks again, everyone. I appreciate you
Today was Lower Focus, which should probably be renamed “My Legs Hurt.” That’s literally the only thing I was thinking during that whole thing. Tomorrow is cardio, which I’m actually happy for because it means getting away from the painful leg video. But Friday is Total Body Circuit AND Ab Intervals, aka death, so I guess I won’t get TOO excited.
I can feel the inches melting off my stomach. I had a LOT of weight in my stomach when I started this, and I still do—don’t get me wrong—but I know my ‘after’ pics are going to reflect a huge change in my tummy.
The Frozen sing-a-long was super fun. uplusmeequalsus and our friend Kristin and I had the whole theater to ourselves since we went at 10:30am on a Wednesday, so we could belt out the adorable songs at the top of our lungs and didn’t have to care about whether we were driving anyone crazy or not. The movie was extra cute the 2nd time around, too! I love Olaf’s song about summer, it kills me.
Today wasn’t as productive as I’d planned on it being so I need to hop back on that tomorrow for sure!
Now Laura and I are going to hot tub with a few friends, so I’ll be back later <3
Not only am I going to watch Frozen today, but it’s a Frozen SING-A-LONG version, so I can enjoy all the adorable songs even more! I am so excited! I feel like a 5 year old!
I decided to sleep in a little today since it’s my day off and also because the gardeners come at 7am which I hate. So I’ll be doing T25 in the afternoon today for the first time, which’ll be kinda weird, but whatever. So long as I get it done, it doesn’t matter when so much.
I’ll also be making a to-do list and ideas for getting more activity in this week so I can burn even more calories! T25 is definitely making big changes for me but I want even more activity in my life =] Instead of just laying around on my days off watching TV I want to get off my ass more.
I’ll be back after the movie!
Today was my favorite video [Speed 1.0] again so yay to that. When I looked at my schedule yesterday and saw that it was Total Body Circuit, there was no “yay” reaction—it was more like SONOFABITCHFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
But today was much better!
I’ve mentioned that I go to my parents’ place to do my workouts because they have more space, yes? They went out of town this morning to see my brother for a few days because he’s getting deployed to Afghanistan very shortly; super bad subject I hate talking about. Apparently I’d rather just sob in my car about it every night. But I did my workout this morning and to be honest I think it’ll be good to be able to do it without anyone around for the next few days. I was able to focus more than usual and not have any distractions at all.
Isn’t it weird how good you feel when you’re drenched in sweat? I was COVERED today and was like THIS IS AWESOME. I LOVE IT.
I joined another support group on Facebook today; there’s about 10 people in it and it’s really active, so I think that’ll be helpful. Between them, you guys, and my boyfriend + friends helping me out, there’s no excuse for failure =]
I am so excited by this yayyyy I’m like a shaky little chihuahua right nowwwww yayyy […..wait what?]
BUT I need your guys’ help because I always get to two or three weeks of clean eating and exercise and then quit. OR I get to 137 lbs and quit, just like I have since 2011 like I mentioned in another post. I don’t know what in my brain is like, “Hey, you just hit 137, if you keep pushing you can reach your goal in not too long—maybe you should mess this up!” but it’s been happening for 3 effing years. 2014 is the year I stop it.
Yesterday didn’t end on a high note. James and I went to my parents’ house for dinner—you know you have a keeper when he says that he bought steaks he wants to cook for your parents to thank them for all the times they’ve made him dinner. I’d already had my cupcake aka dessert for the day, but then had a cookie at dinner. Then had more bread than I planned on. Then got home and had a few more chocolates before bed. Then had random pieces of feta cheese because it was in the fridge. WHY?!
I’ll tell you why. Because I let my period take control. I hate you, period.
So that was frustrating. It still wasn’t anything crazy—I had ONE cookie, and 4 tiny pieces of gourmet chocolates—but still. Those weren’t necessary to my life, no matter WHAT my period was saying.
Another reason it didn’t end so hot is because we ended up having to come home early because I got cramps of DOOM at the end of dinner. Again, fuck you, period! I came home, crawled into the fetal position, and instead of hot tubbing with uplusmeequalsus like I wanted to, I fell asleep clutching my stomach and whining about being a girl. So attractive.
So yeah, today is going better so far. I’ve got the two workouts in, and vow to not let period cravings take over. Also my period should be ending within the next couple days here, so I’ll be glad for that.
Time to go drink some more water and pee it up! Good times!
- James and I failed at grocery shopping last night. Um, again. Unfortunately, we decided to eat at Sweet Tomatoes, which started off healthy with a salad—with balsamic dressing, no less—and then slipped into saladdessertandtoomuchbread. I didn’t necessarily OVER eat, but I did have things that really weren’t needed. I could have done without the brownie; it wasn’t even that good.
- But I did work out my stomach and arms as promised, which made me feel less bloated. 50 varied kettle bell lifts and 150 varied tummy exercise later, and I felt good.
- I drank nearly two liters of water yesterday and am about halfway through my 1.5 liter bottle right now.
- I will be on my feet all day today; I’m headed to the gym after this post, and picked up a shift for tonight from 5:00-8:30 to make some extra money, so I’ll be walking through that whole thing. Then I’m headed to the Saddle Rack tonight because a friend is in town and it’s sacriligious to not go when she’s here. She’s the one who taught ambrizzo and I about the joys of Thanksgiving Eve/Black Wednesday when we were young and innocent 21-year-olds, and we’ve gone out every year since.
- I think before I go I’ll be drinking some of the liquour someone left over from our Halloween party. That way I A) won’t spend money and B) won’t put beer in my body, because I love me some beer and it doesn’t love my stomach. Also, I’m a freaking lightweight now so a little vodka will probably last me all night. This place is going to be ridiculously crowded with A) people I probably don’t want to see and B) every guy I’ve ever hooked up with in my entire life, so alcohol may be required.
I think that’s everything I wanted to share. I’m off to the gym now, more updates tonight =]
Page 1 of 12